This Mental Health Awareness Week, Every Mind Matters is launching a new
campaign to encourage people to make the first move for their mental health to
reduce symptoms of anxiety.
● Whilst anxiety can help us to focus or take extra care when needed, if it gets too
much for us or if it persists, it can have a negative impact on our daily life. The
good news is that there are simple ways to help manage symptoms of anxiety.
● Physical activity can increase feel good hormones and help reduce symptoms of
anxiety and stress.
● Any amount of physical activity is better than none, but regular activity is
recommended, so it’s helpful to find an activity you like and are able to do regularly,
even if that means starting small and building up slowly.
● This is why Every Mind Matters is encouraging people to make the first move for
their mental health.
● The Every Mind Matters website has lots of NHS-approved tips and advice to
help you stay on top of your mental wellbeing, including links to free apps that will
support you to make the first move whatever your starting point
○ Couch to 5K
○ Active 10
● Plus, you can also sign up to our free anxiety-easing email programme that offers
expert advice to help you stay on top of your mental wellbeing and shows you how
to make these new steps part of your daily routine.
Search Every Mind Matters to make the first move for your mental health.